Meet the Ruby Team: Filipa

Happy Friday everyone! You know us well as the Ruby Team - and what a team we are - but today we're sharing the little things that makes us tick.We decided it was just about time for a few fun, personal posts on Ruby + Swallow. And what better way than to get to know us individually. Here are some of the quirky, weird (and awesome) things you don't know about us. Introducing: Filipa!

My loves: Trying out new recipes, buying thoughtful gifts, reorganising my cupboards

My loathes: Spiders, dry towels (don't ask), thoughtless and rude people

Top destinations/favourite places: Knysa forests, Cape Town's beauty, the romance of Paris

Favourite places in Durban: Mooki noodles, Umdloti beach, Simbithi Trail Walks

Guilty pleasures: Chocolate and Wakaberry

In my next life, I’d like to come back as…­­my dog Margaret - just to see what it feels like to be doted on all.the.time!

10 interesting facts about yourself
1. My right arm is shorter than my left by around 3cm
2. I don't like touching towels if my hands are dry
3. I hate the feeling of felt fabric - sends shivers down my spine
4. I often talk to myself out loud
5. To help myself fall asleep, I imagine decorating different rooms around houses I've been to
6. If I really need to focus, I have to tidy my desk up first
7. I prefer my leftover food cold
8. I can't stand having my nails long. I hate the feeling of my nails touching surfaces.
9. If I start counting my fingers on one hand, I have to do it on the other and then again, but starting with the opposite hand. (OCD much??)
10. I'm left handed

A picture of somewhere you’ve been to:





Favourite super hero and why: Rogue from XMen. My sister and I loved her back when there was an XMen Cartoon. I loved her southern drawl and big over the top red hair. I think what I loved most about her was how strong she was - physically and mentally. She wouldn't take any crap from anyone and I loved that about her!

Something you’re proud of in the past few days:
 How nicely the study in the house I've just moved into is coming along.

Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad: 

This literally changes ALL THE TIME. But off the top of my head:
Happy - Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen
Sad - Cry On Demand by Ryan Adams 
Bored - Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straits. I love singing along to this song.
Mad - This I really don't know! Maybe Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve always calms me down

Something you crave a lot: Chocolate - again!

Something you're afraid of: Spiders terrify me! I also don't like abandoned buildings - they creep me out.

What makes you smile? My nephew, he is just so cute!!

What is your favourite smell? I love pomegranate fragrances and any sort of 'clean' linen or powdery smells.

If money was no object, what would you do tomorrow? Go on a massive holiday for months and visit all the countries on my list.

What one thing would you change if you had to do it over? I don't think there is anything I would do over because all my decisions, even the one's I regret, have got me to exactly where I am today.

What is the habit you are proudest of breaking or want to break? My stupid cravings for sweet things - they are ridiculous!! 

Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla - weird I know since I've mentioned Chocolate about one hundreds times already!

What is your favourite breakfast food? It's boring but - Oats! I cannot get enough of them and if I could I would eat them for lunch and dinner too!

Find Filipa here on Instagram and Twitter.

Photographs by Katie-Lee Essom of Summertown Pictures, and are not subject to be used without permission.

Labels: , ,